Sunday, December 1, 2013

Our Thanksgiving Weekend...oh and a birthday

Just a quick update on birthday activities and also thanksgiving. 

Spencer surprised me early for my birthday with a cooking class. We have been wanting to take one together for along time now, and it was so fun. It was in this nice Kitchen ware shop downtown and they cooked a thanksgiving meal which was yummy. Then on my very day, we slept in, Spencer made me breakfast, we relaxed around the house, watched the U of U game, went out for dinner at a yummy pizza restaurant, then saw the Catching Fire. It was a wonderful day with my awesome husband.
For one of my gifts, Spencer made this candy bar poster for me. I thought he was very creative with his choices and words! I loved it. 
 (The poster reads: Hi there my little Dove. Even if it did Take 5 tries, I just wanted to say thank you for marrying such a Hariboy. You're the Swedish Fish I ever caught. There are many Reese's I love you, but one of them is that we can just sit and Snicker. BeTwix me and you, i'm glad I put a ring on your Finger.)

Now for Thanksgiving. It was such a fun weekend. Spencer's Dad and Matt drove down to spend it with us which was so nice of them. The boys went and played football with some ward members Thanksgiving morning, then we went bowling, came home and had dinner, then played some fun games, had leftovers, and watched a movie. It was perfect and relaxing and the food turned out great. We used the recipe from the cooking class for the turkey rub and it turned out good. We also invited some friends from our ward over for all the festivities because they had no family in town and it was so fun to have them with us.
Just like everyone, I have so much to be grateful for. My list would be lengthy and I bet you all have very similar items on your lists. But to mention a few that are very dear to me, I am grateful for a wonderful husband who loves me so much and treats me so well, for a healthy baby who is almost here, for a smooth and healthy pregnancy, for family, for the plan of happiness and this wonderful gospel, etc.

This was Matt's first time coming down to see Flagstaff so we tried to show him some of the great things. We took him down to Sedona which was really nice. The weather was perfect.
 We were able to go on a little hike with some great scenery around us.

 They also brought down their 4-wheelers and were able to go on some fun trails. The only bummer was that at the second spot they wanted to check out, they hit a rock and got a flat tire so that ride ended a bit early. Luckily no one got hurt and they had fun.
 Then to finish off the weekend, they came with us to go cut down our Christmas tree with some of our friends. We had to drive about 30 minutes but we got a very good smelling Pinion pine tree. It is a little sparse looking but I really like it. And it is fun to have a tall tree this year since we have vaulted ceilings.

You'll get to see the tree up and decorated hopefully in a few days since we are still decorating it.


1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I want a real Christmas tree someday! I bet it makes your house smell so good :)

    ReplyDelete