Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas is here, and I thought it would never come

I always love when it is Christmas time. I love getting the decorations out, buying a real Christmas tree, listening to music, picking out gifts for family and friends, yummy food, parties, and time with family. But this year I knew things would be different because of our little one on the way. Luckily we have a date set for when he will come, but he could come early, so that helps in knowing what time we have left to get things ready.

We went with our friends in town to go pick out and chop down our own Christmas tree and it was so much fun. Spencer's dad and brother came with us and helped us pick a good one. We got it up that day and started to pull out decorations. Just a few days into December and I already have all the decorations up and done. I guess I have a lot of time on my hands, or i'm feeling the nesting set in, but I love getting it up so we can enjoy it all month.











 I'll have to post a picture of the tree at night since the lights look better at that time!



I really enjoyed decorating this year because Spencer did a lot with me/for me but more because a lot of the decorations are from my mom, his mom and my grandma. It was stuff they were getting rid of, but I love it because it has meaning or came from someone special. The icicles in the tree are my favorite addition this year. I got them from my grandma as she was getting rid of some decor over the summer. They are plastic so easy to handle but they really make the tree look great.

No comments:

Post a Comment