Thursday, January 16, 2014

A Surprise Surgery

As many of you already know, Finlee had surgery. It came kind of unexpected, but it has helped him so much. 

I wont explain it all here because I already wrote a long post on Facebook so check it out if you want the story. 
Since the surgery, Finlee has done great. No throwing up at home and just a bit of spit up every few days. He is more content now than he was before, but even before he was good. 
He'll have a pretty long scar on his little belly (about 2 inches long right now), but it should look better over time. 

I'm just so happy we caught it quick, and that he is not throwing up so much. For a while there they said he might be just a baby that throws up a lot. I was ready to go to the store and buy a bunch of hand towels to use as burp cloths because they cover my whole upper body when I burp him and because they absorbed the throw up better. I was also going to buy more onesies and outfits because he was going through 3 or 4 changes in a day. I am so happy that isn't the case anymore. 

I am so grateful for the great doctors and nurses who did the surgery and helped us in the hospital. Everyone was so great and loved Finlee so much. People just couldn't get enough of him, just like us. 

I am so glad it is over with and he is doing so good. 
Thank you everyone for your love and prayers!






2 comments:

  1. So glad the doctors could figure out what the problem is and fix it! Love that cute little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So blessed that the problem was fixed so quickly and he is doing so well. Love him so much!

    ReplyDelete