Friday, January 25, 2013

The Pantry Project

So the pantry project is complete. It was hard to even get started on it. It was long, shallow and silly. But I talked to some friends to get some ideas and I dove right in. 
So step one was take off the doors. There were 3 sliding doors and it was hard to get to things.

The second step was to paint and get the contact paper on the shelves. Luckily the contact paper peeled off just fine. And it wasn't very organized before cause I just threw everything in there when we moved in.



 The blue paint wasn't my favorite and the rest of the kitchen used to be painted that color but the couple before painting it white for us luckily. 
 So my friend Jac helped me decide to paint the shelves white and the walls an aqua or teal. So I looked around Pinterest and found some fun helpful sites. So the shelves got painted white and the walls a deep teal.
 So the trim needed to be painted white as well, so here is the trim before I painted it. 
 And here is the final product. Sorry it was hard to get a good direct picture. So I looked around and found some cute dark brown baskets and glass jars. I really love how it turned out.
 So here is the kitchen with the new pot rack and our new island that Spencer put together for us.


 I got these fun chalkboard labels from World Market and I think they look really cute.
 The jars were mostly purchased at Marshall's for pretty good deals. 



3 comments:

  1. Tiffany I love it! It looks so good. I love the blue and the white together. It really looks so different! Now I want to paint and organize something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! It's so cute! I love how creative you are. Love the colors you chose. And the island looks awesome! Whenever I move out on my own- will you come and help me decorate? All these posts on your house are making me want to come visit so bad! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boom baby! They turned out great. That teal color really pops!

    ReplyDelete