Monday, January 21, 2013

A birthday and an anniversary in one day!

I think most of you know but Spencer's  birthday is the day before our anniversary. So each year around Christmas time it is pretty exciting and eventful. 

This year we paired the two celebrations together because our anniversary was on Sunday. So it was up to me to plan the day since Spencer planned my birthday. It started out with a surprise to our plans when Spencer's high school friend wanted to get together for a bit. We went out for breakfast with him and his girlfriend and it was really fun. 

This is Spencer's birthday hat he got at I-Hop. There was a guy going our making things for kids and when he found out it was Spencer's birthday he got busy. Pretty funny.

The next part of the plans was a little last minute but very fun. We decided to go play racket ball


We then enjoyed a scrumptious dinner made by Spencer's mom and then played games with his family. 

The next plan was a surprise up until that day. I found the idea online when I was hanging out in the apartment down here before Christmas. So the place is called Color Me Mine. There are two locations one in Salt Lake and one in Draper. We went to the one in Salt Lake. You go and pick a ceramic piece that you want to paint. They show you how it all works and then they fire it then in a week you go pick it up and its yours. We decided to choose bowls, cheaper and something we could use. It was so fun, but the funniest part is that we went in our PJ's. It was something they do each month and it just happened to be the night of his birthday. So the deal is if you show up in your PJ's then you get an $8 discount on each persons entry fee. Pretty good deal to me.





So here is the final product. Spencer's is the one with all the cool spec's on it and mine in the blue one. Spencer did this fun design inside of this bowl.




 Then for dinner we went to a yummy Japanese restaurant called Kyoto. So delicious and it made us want to go back to Japan for the great food. 

We were going to do some other things but the day filled up quick. It was great to have such a fun day with my lovely husband. I love him so much and I can't believe its been 3 years. Short yet long but the best 3 years of my life!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea!! I've never been to color me mine, but my niece and nephews go every year and make a new plate. I'll have to go check it out sometime!

    ReplyDelete