Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Time

I love decorating for Christmas, making new things, shopping and making fun treats. For a little while there I had stuck in my head that since we were in a little apartment without our Christmas decorations that we would have a plain Christmas. Luckily I realized that we can still enjoy this time with some new things. My mom talked me into making the little tree. She made some last year with tomato cages and she sticks them outside in her huge flower pots. I couldn't find any tomato cages so we use a wreath stand from Joanns. It is our tree for this year but in the future it will be a fun little tree to use in our home. 
 I also spent a lot of time on pinterest looking up ideas for cute DIY Christmas decor. I found some fun things, including these stars made out of twigs. the pictures don't show how cute they are, and I wanted to hang them from the ceiling in the corner but we don't have things to do that and I don't want to make holes in a place that isn't ours. Again, these will be fun things to use in our future home.



 I know that snowflakes are so typical but they are so easy, and found some fun patterns so I think they turned out pretty darn cool.


I forgot to take a picture of this yummy treat that we made. It's like fudge but with peanut butter and butterscotch in it. So good, but so bad for you. Oh well, its that time of year!!

1 comment:

  1. I love making treats and putting all the decorations out. Since that really isn't going to happen this year (except I think Billy is going to get a real Christmas tree and decorate it for us), I have been watching a lot of Christmas movies and listening to Christmas music. It makes me feel better.

    You are always so creative with your decorations! Nice work! Love you!

    ReplyDelete