Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Holiday Activities

This year was my first year decorating for Easter. For some reason I just haven't wanted to decorate for this holiday because I don't seem to like the decor that is sold. But this year, after working in that fun home decor shop, I decided to change my ways.
 The white place mat and the white glass basket were from my grandma Baugh, she was getting rid of a lot of things. 

 Sorry this picture has terrible lighting. I found the bunny silhouette idea on Pinterest.

 I also found these carrots on pinterest and had fun making them. They turned out great.

 The print in the frame I got the idea from a friend on her blog. 

Easter scripture eggs. 12 days of Easter from my mother in law.  





We also watched a great mormon message on lds.org which was really neat too. 

 The Easter baskets. Pretty simple, and we are in need of a second basket because mine was a little small and silly.


 I accidentally got the wrong kind of Easter egg dying kit but it turned out to be pretty fun.

 We didn't have many eggs so we only boiled 6 eggs to dye but Spencer got a little carried away.


 Go UTES!!

 There aren't many hills here with grass, well at least not that we've found yet, so we had to make do with what we could find. The first round was dropping the eggs off a little cliff.


 If you look closely you can see mine in the bottom of the picture and Spencers near the top. Throwing them off the cliff!



 Second round we tried to roll them down the best part of the hill but they hit all the rocks.


 Mine didn't really roll, it just hit a rock and stopped right there. It was pretty funny.

 With this egg I tried to put rubberbands around it but they kept coming off and spraying me with dye.



To finish off the night we enjoyed some homemade ice cream which was delicious. Strawberry, pineapple and peach mix.

4 comments:

  1. Love it!! Looks like it was a really fun Easter for you guys. Mom is going to love the "U" Easter egg. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your decorations are so cute! How fun! But I have never seen such a strange hill to roll Easter eggs. Where is the green grass hills? That is so funny and Grandma loved finding out you kept the tradition of rolling Easter eggs! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rolling easter eggs? I usually just eat mine! We may have to try that next year, Jed would probably appreciate more destructive traditions-most boys do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiff... I LOVE your Easter decorations! Will you let me know how you made the carrots? Also, I would love to know the scriptures and what is inside each egg for the scripture eggs... I want to do something like that for y little kids to learn. I'm so glad to see you are doing so well and keeping busy with so many jobs! Way to go! I Miss You and Love You!

    ReplyDelete